Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Feel the Pressure. Don't Rest. Keep Going

Last night at work was one of those nights that made me feel like a career in the fashion industry could be a possibility. I work at a clothing store and the District Manager was going to an appearance the next day. Our to-do list was a mile long. The moment I clocked in I was rushed to do mark downs, clean tables, refresh fixtures, and put back the clothes that had collected since the afternoon. The constant moving and rush to beat the clock was a thrill for me. I already love the feel of clothing in my hands and the sight of a display I create but this rush was something different. I have heard that that is what the industry is like, a constant list of things to do and people to please. Maybe that is the direction I should go...

No comments:

Post a Comment